Continuing Medical Education at CTO Plus 2024
CTO Plus 2024 is CME-accredited for participants who attend in person.
Leading practitioners of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) strive to master the skills required to be able to offer treatment to higher-risk patients with complex disease and chronic total occlusions (CTO) of their coronary arteries. To be able to deliver this in daily practice it is critical to be up to date with the most recent advances in procedural strategy, techniques, and evolving technologies. It requires clinicians to develop a strong skill set to be able to manage every clinical and anatomic situation, including calcified lesions, left main and bifurcation disease, hemodynamic instability, and cardiogenic shock.
Sessions at CTO Plus 2024 will emphasize both advanced techniques and evidence-based medicine, with a strong emphasis on live-case demonstration performed by both the world’s leading and early-career operators, transmitted and accompanied by real-time analysis from world-class faculty.
By the end of this course, attendees should be able to:
- Determine the appropriateness of PCI as a treatment option for patients with complex and high-risk coronary artery disease.
- Understand the pathobiologic and clinical considerations associated with successful treatment of high-risk coronary lesions (chronic total occlusion, calcification, left main and bifurcations), and patient subsets (left ventricular systolic dysfunction and cardiogenic shock).
- Explain how advances in operator technique, guidewire technology, and new devices have improved success rates for chronic total occlusion and complex coronary interventions.
- Describe advanced guidewire techniques for both antegrade and retrograde CTO crossing and the use of adjunctive devices for both CTOs and non-CTO complex PCIs.
- Understand the importance of coronary physiology and intravascular imaging to guide treatment and optimize procedural and long-term outcomes.
- Integrate the latest recommendations on how to use novel techniques to optimize procedural success while minimizing complications.
Physicians, allied health care professionals, researchers, and scientists working in the field of interventional cardiology.
In accordance with the appropriate accrediting bodies, all planners, teachers, and authors with control over activity content are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies within the last 24 months. Accredited providers are required to provide this information to learners before the start of an activity.
Discussion of off-label product use during live cases is made at the sole discretion of the faculty. Off-label product discussion and usage are not endorsed by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation or the conference directors of this activity.
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of TBD AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians attending CTO 2024 in person. Physicians can claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Documentation of awarded credit is provided for registered attendees in exchange for completed activity evaluations. CME, MOC, and Certificate of Attendance can be claimed through the CRF Events App (available via the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store) or the CRF CME Portal.
Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the number of CME credits claimed for the activity. Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to TBD MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC points.
As a CME accredited provider by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), CRF is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored programs. Commercial support from industry does not influence educational content, faculty selection, and/or faculty presentations, and therefore, does not compromise the scientific integrity of the educational activity.
- Gary S. Mintz, MD — Consultant Fee/Honoraria/ Speaker’s Bureau – Boston Scientific Corporation; Philips; Gentuity; SpectraWave.
- Grzegorz L. Kaluza, MD, PhD — Grant Support/Research Contract: 4C Medical; Terumo Medical Corporation; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Edwards Lifesciences; Advanced NanoTechnologies; Adriakaim; Reflow Medical; Tenaya Therapeutics; Shape Memory Medical; Occlutech; Neochord; MicroInterventional Devices; Lungpacer; Inozyme; InnovHeart; HLT; Deinde Medical; Ancora Heart; Cardiac Implants; Dura Biotech; Soundbite Medical Solutions; Mitria; InQB8; Encore; Ethicon; R3 Vascular; Puzzle Medical; ReCardia; StrideBio; VivaSure; Magenta Medical; Siemens; Canon; Thubrikar Aortic Valve; Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.; Acotec Scientific; MIcrobot; Philips; Zoll; Cook Medical; Medtronic; Oncosec; ReValve Medical; Orchestra Biomed; MIcrotech; Motus GI; MIcroVention; Takeda Pharmaceuticals; Hydrocision; Encompass Technologies; Retriever Medical; Trisol Medical; IntraTech; Abbott.
- Please complete the daily CTO Plus 2024 session evaluations on the CRF Events App (available via the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store) or at the CRF CME Portal.
- Claim credit commensurate with the extent of your participation in the activity.
- After completing the evaluation summary, your Continuing Medical Education (CME) or Certificate of Attendance will be generated on the screen for you to save or print.
- Alternatively, by request, we can email your documentation to you. Please send your request to [email protected].
CTO Plus 2024 is CME-accredited only for participants who attend in person.
How do I earn ABIM MOC points?
CRF offers American Board of Internal Medicine Maintenance of Certification for select sessions, designed within the ABIM framework. During sessions offering MOC points, you must actively participate and complete the short session evaluation.
Who can claim ABIM MOC points?
Any appropriately badged meeting registrant can attend MOC-accredited sessions, but only ABIM diplomates are eligible to claim MOC points.
How do I claim ABIM MOC points?
Claim your points in the CRF CME portal. First, complete the online evaluation form for each session. Then you will need to enter your ABIM diplomate number, birth date, and state license number. Your MOC points will be registered and transferred to ABIM. You can claim your ABIM MOC points only once for each eligible session.
After submission, when will I see my MOC points in my ABIM physician portal?
It may take up to 72 hours for your MOC points to be posted. Also check to be sure that you entered your correct diplomate number, birthdate, and state license number. Incorrect entries will create a significant delay in processing your points.